We finished one more very interesting week discussing about the shortage of food, water and energy etc. and how we waste them in different ways knowingly and unknowingly. When I sat down to write final note I thought of doing a little research on the shortage and wastage in regards to all the aspects before concluding this week. I found some amazing websites which are dedicated to all these issues.
Let’s check them one after the other…
The very first site I stumbled upon is ‘World Hunger Education Service‘.
I loved their mission statement which goes like this:
- educate the general public and target groups about the extent and causes of hunger and malnutrition in the United States and the world
- advance comprehension which integrates ethical, religious, social, economic, political, and scientific perspectives on the world food problem
- facilitate communication and networking among those who are working for solutions
- promote individual and collective commitments to sustainable hunger solutions.
You can actually get all the updates by LIKEing their FB Page HERE.
Something drew my attention which I want to mention here. They describe the causes of world hunger as follows:
1. Poverty is the principal cause of hunger.
2. Harmful economic systems.
3. Wars & Conflicts.
4. Population Growth.
5. Food and agricultural policy.
6. Climate change.
Apart from the last cause, “Climate change” all are in our hands. We can control and manage poverty, economic systems, conflicts, agricultural policies and population growth. Some countries have succeeded in some areas. It is our turn now.
Next website which caught my attention was, ‘Water‘. I liked their caption:
Water has the power
To break the cycle of poverty.
To protect and save lives.
To make a bright future possible for all.
They have impacted worldwide. They work in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean.
I loved their approach. Why? Because –
- They use microfinancing to bring small, affordable, easily repayable loans to those who need access to affordable financing and expert resources to make household water and toilet solutions a reality.
- By bringing local, world leaders and everyday individuals together to make strides on the ground that turn into lasting transformation.
- Exploring every angle on the water crisis and building, testing, and iterating on approaches that make the most of the resources they have while giving back the most to the people they serve.
- They get local, they educate and they measure strategically.
I think whoever wants to DONATE them can do so to help them do what they are doing.
There are few interesting websites which drew my attention and I have listed them out as under for all of you to read and learn the strategies to save food, water, energy and human resources.
- Save Energy
- Switch On
Loved the last one in the list: Acumen. They literally do everything and providing service to products. Do not just omit it but go through what they are doing. I was so so impressed.
You might ask why I am highlighting other companies, organisations and websites on Candles Online. We don’t promote others also… then why am I doing it???
I just wanted all of us to know and get aware of what is the condition of our world… what people are doing around us… What can we do now…
The scripture says,
So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”
Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.
God created us and given us authority over all. He wanted us to rule over everything and take care of everything as well. The word ‘Subdue‘ means owning, taking control over. We love to own things but never like to take care of the same. It’s not about you but about me also. So many times I also don’t take care of the things I own.
Now is the time we need to respond to the call, a call to open our eyes and see clearly the things happening around us.
Keep thinking and keep giving feedback,