Fresh & dry fruits are the natural staple food of man. They contain substantial quantities of essential nutrients in rational proportion. They are excellent sources of minerals, vitamins & enzymes. Fruits are easily digested and produce a cleansing effect on the blood and the digestive tract. Fruits can successfully treat ailments caused by the intake of unnatural foods. Fresh and dry fruits are thus not only good foods but also good medicines.
Natural Benefits of Fruits:
- Fruits hydrate the body to a great extent.
- Fruits act as diuretics and contribute to a salt free diet.
- Fruits alkalize the body fluids and keep the body free from toxic wastes.
- They speed up the recovery process in times of sickness by giving quick energy and minerals.
- The fibres of fruits give laxative effect and hence prevent and cure constipation when taken in regularly.
- Vitamins, minerals, enzymes and trace elements of fruits are extremely beneficial in normalizing all body processes. Hence, they help in healing and cell regeneration.
- Fruits can delay aging.
Curative effects of fruits:
- Regular use of fruits sharpens memory, prevents nervous exhaustion, mental tension, hysteria and insomnia.
- Fruits help in blood building and nerve strengthening. They are also good for liver ailments, indigestion, rheumatism etc.
- Fruits can be a positive remedy for the weakness of the brain.
- They are also beneficial in fevers, catarrh, nasal and bronchial ailments.
A generous intake of fruits in the diet will enable a person to lead healthy life. Fruits prevent all diseases and help a person to be smart, energetic and active all through life.
- Take only one fruit at a time.
- It is always better to take fruits with milk than with meals.
- Diabetic & obese persons must avoid all sweet fruits.
— Dr. P. Sameera
Yesterday I was cordially invited to my munchkin’s doll marriage party. I was very excited and happy as I traveled down the memory lane to the eras of my childhood but at the same time I was constantly in the thinking mode as what should I carry as a gift! ( I reminded myself that I am invited as a granny so my gift should be accordingly.)
After lot of thinking, finally an idea clicked. I decided to gift a Sofa set made of BISCUITS, which my little munchkin will surely love. I started preparing and made this. It was a super easy snack yet so interesting. 🙂 The happiness I got from the expressions of my little ones was priceless. It was a complete happy hour for us… After all Granny rocked! 🙂
— Shrabani Tripathy
When the kids or the husbands come back home from schools, colleges or work they search for something filling and tastier to eat in the evening. I would like to present to you an interesting and very easy recipe tonight.
Brown Bread slices-6
Potato, boiled- 1
Beans Chopped-1 tbs
Carrot Chopped-1 tbs
Cauliflower cut into small pieces
Peas – 1 tbs
Tomato, chopped -1/2 cup
Green chilli, chopped -1
Olive oil – 1 tbs
Cumin -1/2 tsp
Chili powder -3/4 tsp
Mango powder -1/ tsp
Salt -to taste
Green chutney -2 tsp
Butter – 2.5 tsp
Capsicum ,sliced -1
Peel and chop the boiled potato in small pieces. Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. When seeds start crackling add chopped green chilli, tomato & all the vegetables on to it. Add salt and cook till it becomes soft. Add the spices and chopped potato and saute to mix. Add chopped coriander and take out the mixture in a bowl. Apply butter on both the sides of bread slices. Now apply green chutney on the buttered side of 3 breads. Put all the Masala on it, and then arrange capsicum slices over it. Place the slice in a grill or tawa (griddle) Cover this slice with another bread slice . Grill till it become golden brown. Slice and serve hot with ketchup.
Usually Kids and teenagers are fond of Sandwiches. The Sandwiches which you get in the market are unhealthy. Hence this Dish would get a feeling of the same Sandwich which is also healthy and tasty. This is one of my way to get the kids get fond of Healthy food.
— Aradhana Das