Ever since the lockdown began, things seemed a little upsetting. For me, it was just a complete stop to the new beginning of my office going. as I was just getting used to the environment at work almost after 10years of being at home. But again work was normal to me as I have been freelancing for a while but going to the office and being with my colleagues was a fun time. Thanks to the lord that i am always surrounded by happy people who keep me at joy.
But again, Everything is a blessing in disguise.
Lockdown and back to work from home did have lots of pros for me as a mom, and a woman as such. There were those times when I hardly took care of myself and every day was a marathon for me. And indeed the new job thing was also taking up my time with my kids, family and my besties. Now with my travel time saved, I kind of profited extra time which I surely get to use in plenty.
I also started working out much more and also took time to be with my kids. Things never seemed to be complex amidst work and life balance for me. Even though at times I do feel exhausted and lost (obvious mood swings), I still feel this is PERFECT!!.
I started to focus on my writing and even reading too. I helped my children to get to read more and also enjoyed my “Me-time” as well as my “buddy-time” which was almost negligible then.
There are also things which are not in our control like work-wise the expectations lay more specific as we have no excuses to make or run away from work. But again, here I feel blessed as my work is my passion, hence it never took my mind off.
Everything seemed to change, but some things never changed, like;
- everyone around me asking for one more dosa, when I am in a hurry to finish my kitchen work and get to work,
- asking for attention, when I am lost in work…
- asking for specials to cook, when I am exhausted…
- asking for an extra walk, when my legs are aching to take a break…
- asking for the long story at bedtime, when I am in love with the bed, who is cozily rolling me into sleep.
- the alarm that goes beeping, when these winter nights are for sleeping.
- the morning rush, even when I am on a holiday, as others are not…
I know these things will never change, even if its work from home or not. All I need to change is my attitude towards it.
And all will look PERFECT as I wished for.