We are never completely aware of who we are but answering questions like these definitely help us think about ourselves and get to know ourself a little more.
1. Do you have any phobia? If yes, how do you handle it?
I don’t know if this is considered to be a phobia, but I’m scared that some nights when I’m all alone, I might just sit and overthink everything around, overthink to such an extent that I ruin my mental peace even when everything around is fine.
On such days, I just want my mind to be stable and for this, I either go on a walk with headphones on or call up a friend.
2. Your two best friends had a feud. You know the other one is wrong, but she is emotionally weak. How will you tell her?
I’d rather see my friend cry and yell than let her do something wrong. I’ll tell her the truth and make her realise her mistakes. Then sit beside her, get her an ice-cream or whatever she likes and do everything possible to cheer her up.
I’m not saying something to her to demean her, and I know it’s going to hurt her at that moment but I’m going to stand beside her and until she grows stronger out of it.
3. What is your definition of a perfect weekend?
I’d either love to make a random plan and go out and do something adventurous like trekking, rappelling etc. or probably just get a warm cup of tea and snuggle in my bed.
4. Who has/have influenced you in your life?
That person who loved me irrespective of however rude or arrogant I was to her sometimes. That person who believed in my dreams more than me. That person who stood by me through every thick and thin. My mother is my strongest pillar of support.
5. Which will you prefer: Easy-quick-money or hard earned money?
I don’t know how this works. All I know is I want to do a job that I am satisfied with and I can support my family.
6. Life is now, don’t wait for the future. Do you live it this way?
Honestly, that’s not possible every time but yes, I definitely try and make most of my day and do not give a second thought about doing things that make me happy.
7. Physical appearance is temporary, the looks you have today won’t be there tomorrow. Knowing this, do you wish to change any one thing about your physical attributes? Why?
Sometimes I do feel a little low about not looking as pretty as someone else which eventually leads to a lack of confidence in me. Yes, physical appearance is temporary and everything is going to fade away someday but it’s also okay to work on yourself if that makes ‘you’ happy and for someone else. I want to gain a little weight because I’m way too skinny.
8. What would be the first thing you would do if you fear Doomsday is just around the corner?
I think I’d just sit and laugh. Laugh around people I love and make them laugh. Spend all my time with them and make sure they are happy in that very moment. I think seeing your loved ones happy is the most satisfying scene.
9. What the craziest thing you want to do?
Well, I want to build a treehouse. Get old with my partner and settle in there until we both take our last breath. I wish I could make this possible, I wish we could all get back to the stone age and live in the woods. Without any judgements or stereotypes.
10. Which quality of yourself do you think can make you sail through in any situation?
The spark that keeps this fire of life alive in me. Whatever your age is, if you haven’t been through tough times and you do not have anything to look back to in your 60s then you haven’t grown at all. Positivity is the key to handling any situation. Nobody is going to have a happy day every day. It’s the ups and downs of the life that make it adventurous and worth living for. Otherwise, life would just be a monotonous daily routine.
Thank you Preeta for some intense questions and also thank you Chiradeep sir for hosting a self-exploration session. It definitely made me think of what exactly I’d be doing in various situations and also helped me dig deeper into my own self.