Fresh & dry fruits are the natural staple food of man. They contain substantial quantities of essential nutrients in rational proportion. They are excellent sources of minerals, vitamins & enzymes. Fruits are easily digested and produce a cleansing effect on the blood and the digestive tract. Fruits can successfully treat ailments caused by the intake of unnatural foods. Fresh and dry fruits are thus not only good foods but also good medicines.
Natural Benefits of Fruits:
- Fruits hydrate the body to a great extent.
- Fruits act as diuretics and contribute to a salt free diet.
- Fruits alkalize the body fluids and keep the body free from toxic wastes.
- They speed up the recovery process in times of sickness by giving quick energy and minerals.
- The fibres of fruits give laxative effect and hence prevent and cure constipation when taken in regularly.
- Vitamins, minerals, enzymes and trace elements of fruits are extremely beneficial in normalizing all body processes. Hence, they help in healing and cell regeneration.
- Fruits can delay aging.
Curative effects of fruits:
- Regular use of fruits sharpens memory, prevents nervous exhaustion, mental tension, hysteria and insomnia.
- Fruits help in blood building and nerve strengthening. They are also good for liver ailments, indigestion, rheumatism etc.
- Fruits can be a positive remedy for the weakness of the brain.
- They are also beneficial in fevers, catarrh, nasal and bronchial ailments.
A generous intake of fruits in the diet will enable a person to lead healthy life. Fruits prevent all diseases and help a person to be smart, energetic and active all through life.
- Take only one fruit at a time.
- It is always better to take fruits with milk than with meals.
- Diabetic & obese persons must avoid all sweet fruits.